- Borla® Exhaust SystemExhaust System by Borla®. This unique system allows you to adjust your level of sound and power, from quiet and restrictive to louder and free flowing. It features a patented Borla straight-through muffler and mandrel bent pipes...$341.99 - $3,785.99
- Borla® S-Type™ Exhaust SystemsS-Type™ Exhaust Systems by Borla®. When you want the best performing, best sounding, and highest quality exhaust system, you want Borla Exhaust. Borla straight-through mufflers and mandrel-bent exhaust tubes are custom tuned to...$379.99 - $3,785.99
- K&N® 57 Series Generation II Air Intake Kit57 Series Generation II Air Intake Kit by K&N®. This kit improves airflow into your engine. It includes a K&N air filter and a custom designed air intake tube. The K&N filter increases the airflow and the intake tube smoothes that...$129.99 - $999.99
- K&N® 69 Series Cold Air Typhoon™ Intake Kit69 Series Cold Air Typhoon™ Intake Kit by K&N®. Improve airflow and increase horsepower on your vehicle. This intake kit is available in various finishes and configurations. It replaces the factory air intake system with a free...$299.99 - $599.99
- K&N® 77 Series High-Flow Performance Air Intake Kit77 Series High-Flow Performance Air Intake Kit by K&N®. The K&N high-flow performance air intake system is a free-flowing, mandrel-bent aluminum tube air induction system. The restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing on...Guaranteed to increase horsepowerDesigned to improve throttle response and engine sound$349.99 - $499.99
- Gibson® Exhaust SystemExhaust System by Gibson®. Straight Out The Back Exit. Let the engine in your muscle car breathe and make it sound like a real muscle car with an American Muscle Car Stainless Steel Exhaust. The mandrel bent tubing and CFT Superflow...$258.41 - $1,279.86Save: 5%$245.49 - $1,215.88
- K&N® 63 Series Aircharger Intake Kit63 Series Aircharger Intake Kit by K&N®. Increased airflow and air volume into your engine results in more horsepower and torque, and better acceleration you can feel. This air intake kit is designed to maximize airflow and engine...$189.99 - $999.99
- AEM® Cold Air Intake SystemCold Air Intake System by AEM®. To deliver cooler air to the engine, this air intake system places the air filter outside the engine compartment. Cooler air is denser than warm air and so contains more oxygen, which results in better...$199.99 - $599.99
- MBRP® Installer Series Exhaust SystemsInstaller Series Exhaust Systems by MBRP®. The Installer Series from MBRP brings you the best in high-quality construction: these reasonably-priced systems are manufactured on the same tooling and with the same processes as MBRP's Pro...$174.99 - $804.99
- Borla® ATAK™ Exhaust SystemsATAK™ Exhaust Systems by Borla®. When you want the best performing, best sounding, and highest quality exhaust system, you want Borla. Borla straight-through, multi-core ATAK mufflers and mandrel-bent exhaust tubes are custom tuned to...$595.99 - $3,025.99
- Injen® SP Series Short Ram Intake SystemSP Series Short Ram Intake System by Injen®. The Short Ram SP Series is a traditional, underhood air intake system that takes the place of your factory airbox and air filter, and the factory air intake tube. The EA Nanofiber air filter...$215.20 - $657.31
- Flowmaster® Exhaust SystemExhaust System by Flowmaster®. American Thunder exhaust system is perfect for the person looking for a moderately aggressive sound level outside of the car, while maintaining a mild sound level inside, with all of the performance...$120.21 - $1,349.66
- Injen® SP Series Cold Air Intake SystemSP Series Cold Air Intake System by Injen®. The SP Series Cold Air Intake System is made for the enthusiast who wants maximum horsepower from a tuned cold air intake system. This cold air system positions a high-flow air filter behind...$195.53 - $624.02
- aFe® Magnum Force™ Stage 2 Cold Air Intake SystemMagnum Force™ Stage 2 Cold Air Intake System by aFe®. The aFe Stage 2 Cold Air Intake System replaces your entire factory air intake system with a large high-flow aFe air filter, open element airbox/heat shield and a smoothly...A lightweight high-gloss twill weave carbon fiber tube directs filtered air from the air filter to the engine and eliminates the factory sound chamber. It's computer designed and tested to increase air flow, while also reducing weight and enhancing the visual appearance of the engine bay. It features a billet aluminum fitting for the OE vent hose and a built-in resonance chamber to reduce unwanted air intake noise without eliminating its deep tone.The included massive air filter is surrounded by a lightweight 5052-H32 aluminum, black powder-coated heat shield that helps reduce the intake of hot air from the engine compartment for maximum performance.$228.33 - $1,101.00
- Flowmaster® American Thunder™ Exhaust SystemsAmerican Thunder™ Exhaust Systems by Flowmaster®. American Thunder gives you the Mild-Moderate Sound / Moderate Sound / Aggressive Sound / Moderate-Aggressive Sound / Mild Sound (depends on application and exhaust type) of a...$120.21 - $1,349.66
- HPS® Shortram Air Intake SystemShortram Air Intake System by HPS®. Built for performance and show, HPS Polish post MAF Short Ram air intake pipe offers a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system designed to produce dyno proven performance gains...Traps dirt up to 5 microns. Superior airflow without sacrificing filtrationWashable and reusable, saving you money down the line$157.70 - $471.19
- Spectre Performance® Air Intake KitAir Intake Kit by Spectre Performance®. Give your engine a full dose of cool air when it needs it. Replace your restrictive air box and filter element with this polished aluminum tubing and lifetime cleanable low-restriction air filter.$199.99 - $214.99
- Flowmaster® Outlaw™ Exhaust SystemsOutlaw™ Exhaust Systems by Flowmaster®. The Outlaw System gives you an aggressive sound, moderate sound / moderate-aggressive sound with a rumble that is as close to a racing roar you can get without being arrested. In some places you...$406.47 - $2,251.19
- MagnaFlow® Street Series Exhaust SystemsStreet Series Exhaust Systems by MagnaFlow®. The Street Series is designed for customers seeking increased performance and better economy, combined with a powerful and well tuned exhaust note, making a real statement within legal limits...$436.00 - $2,390.00
- Takeda® Retain Stage 2 Short Ram Intake SystemRetain Stage 2 Short Ram Intake System by Takeda®. Improve your car's performance and enhance the appearance of your engine bay with the Takeda Retain Short Ram Air Intake System. This system will increase airflow to your engine with...$237.00 - $822.00Save: 13%$206.55 - $822.00
- Torxe™ Exhaust SystemsExhaust Systems by Torxe™. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind. It will meet your needs and deliver great quality at an...$132.50 - $724.00
- Gibson® Swept Side™ Exhaust SystemsSwept Side™ Exhaust Systems by Gibson®. Get increased horsepower and torque in the rpm range where you need it most, with this Swept Side Cat-Back Exhaust System. This Gibson exhaust system makes maximum low end power, which is best...$258.41 - $804.49Save: 5%$245.49 - $764.26
- MagnaFlow® MagnaFlow Series Exhaust SystemsMagnaFlow Series Exhaust Systems by MagnaFlow®. MagnaFlow systems give more horsepower and torque than factory exhaust systems by providing better exhaust scavenging and gas flow. They also provide the characteristic MagnaFlow looks and...Built In Stainless Steel For DurabilityTuned, Powerful Exhaust Sound$487.00 - $1,726.00
- MBRP® XP Series Exhaust SystemsXP Series Exhaust Systems by MBRP®. The XP series exhausts from MBRP is for the no-compromise enthusiast who insists on a rugged system that can take whatever the road throws at it and last. Constructed entirely of corrosion-resistant...$114.99 - $1,039.99
- Superchips® Flashpaq F5™ TunerFlashpaq F5™ Tuner by Superchips®. Introducing the all-new Flashpaq F5 performance tuner from Superchips. With it's new, easy-to-use graphic interface, high-resolution color screen, scan features, and tuning levels, the Flashpaq F5...$403.95 - $682.95
- aFe® Momentum™ GT Cold Air Intake SystemMomentum™ GT Cold Air Intake System by aFe®. A custom CAD designed roto-molded housing made from heat resistant material eliminates the use of multiple components and ensures the coolest air intake charge available. A large clear...High Quality One-Piece Roto-Molded Sealed Housing with Auxiliary Air InletCAD-Designed Roto-Molded Intake Tube$357.00 - $1,549.00Save: up to 13%$311.13 - $1,549.00
- DiabloSport® InTune i3 Platinum™ ProgrammerInTune i3 Platinum™ Programmer by DiabloSport®. The Platinum i3 is designed for those who want the best of both worlds, pre-loaded, high-performance tunes in addition to custom tuning capability. While DiabloSport deliver the best...$407.91 - $563.95
- K&N® Blackhawk Series High-Flow Performance Air Intake KitBlackhawk Series High-Flow Performance Air Intake Kit by K&N®. The K&N Blackhawk Induction Air Intake System is a free-flowing, mandrel-bent aluminum tube air intake system that is guaranteed to gain power. It replaces the restrictive...$399.99 - $499.99
- Pypes® Exhaust SystemExhaust System by Pypes®. Want that rumble when you start up your truck? How about that growl when you step on the gas and run along side a little hatchback? Pypes' Gas truck systems offer the best combination of performance and sound,...$101.51 - $1,218.51
- Weapon-R® Dragon IntakesDragon Intakes by Weapon-R®. Weapon-R Intake Systems are CNC Mandrel Bent out of 6061 aluminum, and then Hand Tig Welded to ensure a positive seal and proper fitment. Each one of their intake systems is carefully tuned, by matching the...Custom designed and engineered for each applicationEach system is tuned to maximize engine performance output$142.00 - $378.00
Horsepower. Speed. Increase the former and you get more of the latter. Acceleration and speed are a performance junkie’s fix and a necessity for winning at the race track. Minor power output improvements can be gained with carburetor jetting and ignition advance curve changes on older cars, or with a cold air intake and performance programmer on newer vehicles, but getting sizeable increases used to mean spending a lot of time and money getting inside the engine with boring, stroking, bigger cams and heads, etc. Today, massive power increases are much easier to get with power adders.
Increasing displacement, high-flow carburetors and intake manifolds, ported cylinder heads, and high-lift, long duration camshafts are all about getting more air and oxygen into the cylinders so more fuel can be burned. But in addition to the complexity and expense there are other downsides to this approach. Most engines can only be made so much bigger with boring and stroking, a big cam may only work well in a certain rpm range, and regardless of modifications you’re still limited by the amount of air that can be pushed into the cylinders by atmospheric pressure.
Power adders like superchargers and turbochargers bolt on with no need to get deep inside the engine. Both force more air into the cylinders, increasing cylinder pressure above atmospheric and effectively making the engine perform like a much larger powerplant. Forcing more air into the cylinders increases the supply of oxygen so more fuel can be burned, thereby increasing horsepower. Forced induction can also overcome intake system deficiencies that would impede airflow in a normally aspirated engine. “Boost” is the term used for the amount that intake manifold pressure is raised above atmospheric pressure.
There are centrifugal, screw type, and Roots superchargers, but all are driven by the crankshaft via a belt. Air is drawn through the air filter, intake tube and throttle body into the supercharger, and is compressed by an impeller, lobe rotors or twin screws, depending on supercharger type, and forced into the intake manifold. A turbocharger consists of a turbine wheel and a compressor wheel that rotate on a common shaft in an aluminum housing. Exhaust flow spins the turbine blades, which in turn drives the compressor wheel. The compressor section of the turbo is part of the air intake system. Air is drawn through the air filter and intake tube, compressed by the compressor wheel and forced into the intake manifold. Because compression also heats the air, both systems usually include an intercooler.
Since the main goal of increasing the amount of air in the cylinders is amassing more oxygen, an easier way to raise the oxygen level is with a nitrous oxide system. Air contains only 21% oxygen while nitrous oxide contains 36% oxygen. When nitrous oxide is released into the engine, along with additional fuel, the heat of combustion causes the bond to break between the nitrogen and oxygen atoms, increasing the amount of oxygen, which allows the added fuel to burn and create more power. There are wet and dry systems. In a dry system, nitrous oxide alone is injected into the intake air stream before the throttle body. Wet systems can inject nitrous oxide at a single point where it mixes with air and fuel or at each intake runner where both nitrous oxide and fuel are injected just ahead of each cylinder.
Another injection system that can increase horsepower is water/methanol injection. Water/methanol injection reduces air intake temperature and boosts octane, allowing ignition timing and boost pressure to be increased. With this system an atomized mist of the fluid is injected into the intake air stream, where it vaporizes, absorbing heat and cooling the air charge. The cooler, denser charge provides more oxygen so more fuel can be burned, and slows the rate of combustion, preventing detonation and allowing more boost and timing advance to be used for more power. The methanol also cools and controls combustion, and as a high octane fuel itself, it effectively raises the fuel’s overall octane rating. Water/methanol injection is beneficial for forced induction and naturally aspirated engines.