Running Boards & Step Bars
How to Choose the Best Running Boards?
Hard to tell one running board style from the other? Our video-guide is a solution
The Ultimate Running Boards Guide
Can’t choose between running boards and side bars? Read this guide to make the right decision
- Westin® 4" Platinum Oval Tube Step Bars4" Platinum Oval Tube Step Bars by Westin®. Westin Platinum 4" Oval Nerf Step Bars feature OE styling and are available in a variety of traditional round tube step designs. Their larger size offers strength and user confidence with...$204.70 - $759.95
- SteelCraft® 6" STX500 Series Rectangular Running Boards6" STX500 Series Rectangular Running Boards by SteelCraft®. Rocker Panel Mount. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this...$231.84 - $337.21Save: 5%$220.25 - $320.35
- Torxe™ 6" X2 Series Oval Side Steps6" X2 Series Oval Side Steps by Torxe™. Get an assist in and out of the cab and take your pickup to the next level at the same time with Torxe™ 6” Oval X2 Series Side Steps. Any steps can provide a physical boost but only these...$204.95 - $399.95
- Aries® 3" Round Side Bars3" Round Side Bars by Aries®. The Side Bars complement the style of compact and mid-size SUVs, CUVs and trucks. The bars feature custom no-slip step pads for sure footing, making entry and exit very safe and easy. Fitting these elegant...$142.04 - $284.00
- SteelCraft® 5" Oval Premium Side Steps5" Oval Premium Side Steps by SteelCraft®. The Premium Oval Side Steps are mounted on sturdy cradle mounting brackets for true convenience and stability that match the strength of the 5" oval steel tubes. Widestep no-slip step pads...$283.83 - $438.38Save: 5%$269.64 - $416.46
- Westin® 4" HDX Black Drop Steps4" HDX Black Drop Steps by Westin®. Westin's HDX Stainless Drop Nerf Step Bars are built with corrosion-resistant, black powder-coated stainless steel so your bars stay strong and perform well under the toughest of conditions. With...$452.99 - $953.99
- Go Rhino® 3" 4000 Series Round 1-Piece Design Side Steps3" 4000 Series Round 1-Piece Design Side Steps by Go Rhino®. These side steps offer ease of entry and exit, combined with great looks and real protection against dings and dents. The 4000 Side Steps are specifically designed for each...$152.87 - $293.78
- Tuff-Bar® 3" Round Bent Tube Step Bars3" Round Bent Tube Step Bars by Tuff-Bar®, 1 Pair. Stop climbing and step up in style with a set of new step bars from Tuff-Bar. Choose between polished stainless steel and mild steel that is powder coated in black for good looks and...$144.80 - $257.41
- Westin® 3" E-Series Step Bars3" E-Series Step Bars by Westin®. Westin E-Series 3 Nerf Step Bars are 3 inch diameter, round tubes with a recessed step area and polymer pad. Step design, mounting technique and installation varies by specific vehicle application....$167.49 - $258.46
- Dee Zee® 3" Round Side Steps3" Round Side Steps by Dee Zee®. These 3" diameter tube bars run outward from your vehicle at 90 degree angles then curve stylishly to provide excellent footing room. Nerf Bars are available in polished stainless steel or Ultrablack...$213.86 - $415.78
- N-Fab® EpYx Black Nerf StepsEpYx Black Nerf Steps by N-Fab®. The EpYx drop down step provides a sleek and polished aesthetic to your vehicle. The expanded step plate offers the ultimate ease of access to any vehicle. Angular steel construction offers long lasting...$317.95 - $419.95Save: 10%$286.16 - $377.96
- Westin® 3" Signature Series Round Step Bars3" Signature Series Round Step Bars by Westin®. Westin Signature 3 Nerf Step Bars are 3 inch diameter, mild steel step bars. Step design, mounting technique and installation varies by specific vehicle application. Includes mounting kit.$236.70 - $425.72
- N-Fab® 3" Round Nerf Steps3" Round Nerf Steps by N-Fab®. Spanning the entire side of the truck from wheel well to wheel well, this bar has a more finished appearance. It carries two steps per side for access to the cab.$389.95 - $574.95Save: 10%$350.96 - $517.46
- SteelCraft® 3" Side Steps3" Side Steps by SteelCraft®. The Side Bars complement the style of compact and mid-size SUVs, CUVs and trucks. The bars feature custom no-slip step pads for sure footing, making entry and exit very safe and easy. Fitting these elegant...$150.86 - $309.11
- APG® 7.5" Drop Down Style Black Nerf Bars7.5" Drop Down Style Black Nerf Bars by APG®, 1 Pair. Material: Carbon Steel. Rocker Panel Mount. Step width: 7.5". Drop size: 3.5". Tube diameter: 1.5". Give your vehicle a massive upgrade when it comes to style and...$295.80 - $414.12Save: 15%$251.43 - $352.00
- Aries® 4" Alumalite Big Step™ Black Round Side Bars4" Alumalite Big Step™ Black Round Side Bars by Aries®. Step into your truck like you mean it with ARIES Big Step™ 4" round side bars. Big Steps™ feature a bold, 4" width that is uniquely designed to show well on larger, lifted...$373.30
- SteelCraft® 4" Oval Straight Side Bars4" Oval Straight Side Bars by SteelCraft®. SteelCraft's all-new 4" bar is taking the aftermarket world by storm. With sleek bends and rugged, aggressive step pads, these side bars will take your truck to the next level in both...$220.60 - $307.70Save: 5%$209.57 - $292.32
- Westin® 5" HDX Xtreme™ Black Running Boards5" HDX Xtreme™ Black Running Boards by Westin®. Upgrade your vehicle with a set of heavy duty Westin's HDX Xtreme Nerf Step Bars. Key design features include: Oversized step areas for easier cab entry and exit. A solid 1-piece...$478.99 - $571.99
- Westin® 5" Pro Traxx Oval Tube Step Bars5" Pro Traxx Oval Tube Step Bars by Westin®. Add style and functionality to your truck with these easily installed oval tube step bars. The powder coated black or polished 304 stainless steel finish and angled ends with fully welded...$330.99 - $928.99
- Torxe™ Black Side ArmorsBlack Side Armors by Torxe™. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Torxe™ will last a lifetime. It...Expertly crafted from premium materialsDesigned to match rigorous quality standards$252.00 - $328.95
- Raptor Series® 4" OE Style Oval Curved Step Bars4" OE Style Oval Curved Step Bars by Raptor Series®. Raptor Series now offers its new curved 4" OE Style Oval Step Tubes! This new step features fully welded end caps and 30 degree OE styled bends on each end.$271.99 - $353.99Save: 10%$244.79 - $318.59
- Westin® 4" Pro Traxx Oval Tube Step Bars4" Pro Traxx Oval Tube Step Bars by Westin®. Westin Pro Traxx 4 Oval Nerf Step Bars feature a 4 inch oval tube with a heavy-duty step pad that provides a wider, more secure step area. They feature 30 degree OE style bends with seamless...$241.99 - $483.99
- SteelCraft® 5" STX400 Step Boards5" STX400 Step Boards by SteelCraft®. Stainless steel cover plates offer exceptional appearance alongside the long 5" aggressive patterned step pads. Step pads are designed for years of service with high impact and UV protectant...$283.83 - $316.14Save: 5%$269.64 - $300.33
- Torxe™ 4.5" FLEX Series Black with Polished Trim Running Boards4.5" FLEX Series Black with Polished Trim Running Boards by Torxe™. Step up in style with Torxe™ FLEX Series Running Boards. Along with a boost into the cab with these running boards you get an upgrade in appearance accompanied by...$199.95 - $269.95
- Dee Zee® 3" Round Nerf Bars3" Round Nerf Bars by Dee Zee®. For smaller and mid-size trucks and vans where a custom-fitted step bar is not available, Dee Zee offers the 3" universal steel nerf bars. They mount directly to the body of the vehicle with a minor...$270.92 - $415.59
- Black Horse® 3" Round Side Steps3" Round Side Steps by Black Horse®. These fantastic accessories give you a bit more convenience, offering easier getting in and out of the vehicle as well as hassle-free access to the roof. Constructed of sturdy 3'' round steel tubing,...$313.49 - $354.37
- Raptor Series® 4" Magnum™ RT Series Black Side Steps4" Magnum™ RT Series Black Side Steps by Raptor Series®. Magnum RT Steps are the newest and unique Truck Sidestep Bars. The RT Side Step Bar features a sharp drop-down step design featuring a wide step area for easy entry and exit of...$314.99 - $610.99Save: up to 45%$283.49 - $369.89
- Raptor Series® 5" OE Style Oval Curved Step Bars5" OE Style Oval Curved Step Bars by Raptor Series®. Raptor Series now offers its new curved 5" OE Style Oval Step Tubes! This new step features fully welded high polished end caps and 30 degrees OE styled bends on each end. Available...$368.99 - $470.99Save: 10%$332.09 - $423.89
- SteelCraft® 4" Blackout Series Oval Premium Side Bars4" Blackout Series Oval Premium Side Bars by SteelCraft®. They are made from stainless steel tubing that is dipped, e-coated, and powder coated, giving you the best of both worlds a black powder coat finish without the worries of rust...$344.24Save: 5%$327.03
- Dee Zee® 6" Oval Nerf Bars6" Oval Nerf Bars by Dee Zee®. Enjoy the rugged looks of a step bar with the convenience of a wide 6" flat stepping area typically found on Nerf Bars. Whether you choose polished stainless steel or black powder coated traditional steel,...$192.63 - $433.47Save: up to 10%$173.37 - $390.12
Running boards, tube steps, side steps, or nerf bars, no matter what they’re called or their configuration, what they all have in common is a place to plant your foot to help in getting in and out of tall trucks and SUVs, which is especially welcome on lifted 4-wheelers. Of course, they add a lot of style at the same time. In addition to helping you in and out of the cabin, we can also give you a boost to access the truck bed with our bed steps and hitch steps. With our huge selection of boards and steps, the only problem you’ll have is deciding on the ones that will look the best on your rig.
What you won’t have to be concerned with is durability. Our boards and steps have nothing in common with ones you may have seen that rusted and rotted away prematurely, becoming unsightly and unusable after just a few years. The products we carry are made of top grade stainless steel or they’re powder coated to resist corrosion, so you can count on premium appearance and performance today and for years to come. And forget about fitment issues. The boards and steps you’ll find on our digital shelves use application specific mounting brackets and on many vehicles, no drilling is required.
Our truck and SUV running boards, also known as step boards, come in lengths for the cab or cab and bed, and feature wide widths for ample foot support and textured step areas for sure, non-slip, footing. They’re attractively styled and most have smooth edges and end caps for a smart looking, yet functional appearance. Some boards are available with an optional LED light kit that illuminates the step area when the doors are open, or for the ultimate in luxury we offer powered running boards that extend outward when the doors are opened, but retract flush under the vehicle when the doors are closed. They’re made of rugged cast aluminum with stainless steel pivot pins to resist corrosion, powder coated for durability, and include pinch sensors that reverse direction if resistance is detected.
Side steps, which depending on the brand may be called nerf bars, tube steps, step bars, or side bars, come in a wide range of styles to suit every taste and budget. They’re available with round or oval tubes with curved ends, and round, curved, or angular straight tubes, some with molded end caps, in a variety of finishes and tube sizes. Most feature non-slip, treaded step pads for traction, and like our running boards, many can be had in wheel-to-wheel and cab-only lengths. A variant of these are nerf steps, which have drop down steps located directly under each door that are attached to a round bar. Individual hoop steps are an alternative way to get a boost if you prefer the minimalist look. These come in universal and vehicle-specific fitment, in your choice of color and finish.
At one time, reaching cargo in the truck bed was just a matter of reaching over the bed rails, and getting into the bed required nothing more than dropping the tailgate. But on today’s tall and lifted trucks, getting access to the bed can be just as difficult as getting into the cabin. Many new trucks come with built-in steps to provide assistance, but if you have an older model truck or you’re not satisfied with the factory set-up, our truck bed steps are the bed access solution. Our steps can be mounted wherever you need them, at the rear or at the sides of the bed, and some models can be flipped up or retract out of the way when they’re not needed. Like our other steps, truck bed steps are available in a variety of styles and finishes.
These days, just about all trucks and SUVs have receiver hitches but the percentage of time most are actually used for towing is very small. Get more use out of your hitch with one of our hitch steps. Like bed steps they’re great for a boost to the truck bed, and on SUVs they can make it easy to access the roof rack. Hitch steps come in sizes to fit 1 ¼”, 2”, and 2 ½” hitch receivers in a choice of finishes. Many have a treaded step pad for sure footing and some are available with an integral 3rd brake light. Rocker bars, also known as rock sliders or side armor, provide protection for vulnerable rocker panels, and can keep you from getting hung up on obstacles when off-roading, but many also incorporate a platform that provides a helpful step in and out of the cab.
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- August 17, 2021So You Want To Go Overlanding? Here’s What...About overlanding, it's been said that we travel the trails, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel them, next, to find ourselves. We agree, and it's no secret...
- July 27, 2021Pickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important...If you're in the market for a pickup truck, in addition to color, upholstery, and engine choices, you will need to choose: Two-wheel-drive or four-wheel-drive? Light...
- November 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...
- December 15, 2015Folding Steps Make It Easier To Reach Your...Maybe you`ve struggled to reach the roof rack of an SUV during loading and unloading of baggage. Or, if you live in a winter climate area, maybe you`ve also found it...
- September 25, 2015Glossary of Off-Road TerminologyIf you`re looking to beef up your 4x4 to take it off-roading, chances are you`ve been reading about all the ways it`s possible to improve a truck and get it ready for...
- May 15, 2015Running Boards – Choosing the right Fit,...If you have a pickup, SUV, or a Jeep, then you probably feel, as we do, that 4x4s are attractive in nature and serve as great canvasses for creating an individual...
- May 13, 2015Side Steps - Choosing the right Fit, Style,...If you have a pickup, SUV, or a Jeep, then you probably feel, as we do, that 4x4s are attractive in nature and serve as great canvasses for creating an individual...
- April 29, 2015Running Board And Side Step GlossaryRunning boards versus side steps: what’s the difference? That may be obvious to some, but what distinguishes a round side bar from an oval one? How would you know if...