Replacement Suspension Parts
- Ball Joint Replacement
- Control Arm Replacement
- Suspension Shock or Strut Replacement
- Coil Spring Replacement
- Sway Bar Replacement
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement
- Air Bag Suspension Replacement
- Air Shock Replacement
- Active Suspension Air Spring Control Solenoid Replacement
- Active Suspension System Air Compressor Replacement
- ACDelco® Professional™ Coil Spring SetProfessional™ Coil Spring Set by ACDelco®. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by ACDelco features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it is manufactured...Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performanceRight for your vehicle and lifestyle$31.12 - $221.94
- KYB® Excel-G™ Shock and StrutExcel-G™ Shock and Strut by KYB®. Restore your vehicle's original performance for normal driving conditions with the Excel-G twin-tube gas hydraulic shocks and struts that offer additional damping force to compensate for things like...KYB recommended OEM replacement shockSpecifically calibrated to help restore the original handling and control characteristics$13.75 - $166.68
- KYB® Strut-Plus™ Complete Strut AssemblyStrut-Plus™ Complete Strut Assembly by KYB®. Restore your vehicle's original ride, handling, and control capabilities with this ready-to-install assembly that doesn't require a spring compressor. All components, including the...Designed to restore the original ride control and ride height performance including common wear parts like the strut mount bearingFully assembled$65.97 - $213.09
- MOOG® R-Series™ Control Arm and Ball Joint AssemblyR-Series™ Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly by MOOG®. Replace your worn or damaged bushings with stronger and longer-lasting bushings from MOOG that effectively absorb substantial loads and are less prone to splitting or cracking...MOOG engineering-validated construction and designRestores like-new steering and handling$18.27 - $474.03
- Monroe® Quick-Strut™ Complete Strut AssembliesQuick-Strut™ Complete Strut Assemblies by Monroe®. This innovative replacement strut comes complete and ready to install. All of the most common wear parts are included so you'll not only save installation time, your vehicle's ride...Preassembled and ready to installSaves time and increases your safety – no need to disassemble components and compress the coil spring$60.49 - $290.25
- FCS® Complete Strut AssemblyComplete Strut Assembly by FCS®. The FCS complete strut assembly is engineered to restore a vehicle's original ride, handling and control. The unit is manufactured to meet and exceed OE quality while providing a precise fit. The...Designed to restore a vehicle's original ride, handling and controlProvides consistent dampening over a wide range of temperatures$32.49 - $137.99
- Unity® Complete Strut AssemblyComplete Strut Assembly by Unity®. Unity's priority has been to make the highest quality strut assembly available on the market. In order to achieve that goal, they have spent years researching the common problems with the aftermarket...The polymorphic grease used inside bearing plates are tested from -50 degrees Celsius to 120 degrees CelsiusPlastic components all tested for proper hardness levels$41.23 - $875.20
- Monroe® OESpectrum™ Shocks and StrutsOESpectrum™ Shocks and Struts by Monroe®. These shocks and struts are engineered for foreign nameplate vehicles to enhance the performance of their suspension systems. Monroe OE Spectrum shocks utilize OE valving technologies like the...Provide unprecedented handling precision and controlNitrogen gas charged$15.71 - $156.87
- KYB® Gas-a-Just™ Shock and StrutGas-a-Just™ Shock and Strut by KYB®. Go with Gas-a-Just shocks and struts and experience greater stability, handling, and control over twin-tube designs. Whether your vehicle is originally equipped with a monotube or twin-tube design...The correct, monotube-designed OEM replacement shockSpecifically calibrated to help restore the original handling and control characteristics$18.22 - $136.14
- Mevotech® Supreme™ Control Arm and Ball Joint AssemblySupreme™ Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly by Mevotech®. The primary function of a control arm is to provide the connection point between the body of the vehicle and wheel. This allows the wheel to move up and down while the body...Over-Built with sintered metal-to-metal technology for added endurance and durabilityBuilt with thicker material for increased strength$18.81 - $351.81
- MOOG® Problem Solver™ Coil SpringsProblem Solver™ Coil Springs by MOOG®. Upgrade your vehicle to MOOG coil springs that are designed to restore the original handling, reduce body sway and bring ride height to OE specifications. These coil springs ensure a seamless fit...Direct fit, with no modificationsRestores and retains proper handling$23.30 - $252.65
- MOOG® Ball JointBall Joint by MOOG®. MOOG ball joints are the preferred choice of many professional technicians and incorporate proven design and advanced engineering features to ensure like-new steering and suspension, simple installation, and...Engineered to retain socket torque and smooth articulation over the life of the part, to maintain tight steering feelExclusive powdered-metal bearing design allows grease to flow through the bearing to the stud for reduced friction and enhanced strength and stability$8.47 - $163.90
- Monroe® RoadMatic™ Complete Strut AssembliesRoadMatic™ Complete Strut Assemblies by Monroe®. This ready-to-install complete strut assembly includes everything needed for strut replacement in an affordable, fully-assembled unit. You save time because spring compression is not...An economical replacement alternative to ensure a complete repairMeets OE product specifications$48.47 - $201.36
- iD Select® Complete Strut AssemblyComplete Strut Assembly by iD Select®. Bring your vehicle’s suspension system back to its proper operation with this top-notch replacement parts. Made to exact specifications, this shock absorber, strut or components will fit and...Direct OEM replacement for your malfunctioning partMade to deliver the ultimate in quality, reliability, and value$64.13 - $1,023.07
- ACDelco® GM Original Equipment™ Shocks and StrutsGM Original Equipment™ Shocks and Struts by ACDelco®. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by ACDelco features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it is...Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performanceRight for your vehicle and lifestyle$29.47 - $1,103.24
- Dorman® Control Arm and Ball JointControl Arm and Ball Joint by Dorman®. Rigorously tested for sustained, secure performance by a team of product and quality engineers, Dorman's Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly is designed for passenger safety. Dorman...Ball joints included for a complete installation, saving time and laborDirect replacement for a trouble-free installation$15.88 - $331.17
- SenSen® Speedy Strut™ Complete Strut AssemblySpeedy Strut™ Complete Strut Assembly by SenSen®. To restore your vehicle's factory ride height and handling, go for this ready-to-install SpeedyStrut assembly. All components, including OE grade coil springs, strut mounts with...Designed to restore a vehicle's original ride, handling and controlMeets or exceeds OE quality and standards$54.15 - $467.40
- MOOG® R-Series™ Control ArmR-Series™ Control Arm by MOOG®. Replace your worn or damaged bushings with stronger and longer-lasting bushings from MOOG that effectively absorb substantial loads and are less prone to splitting or cracking with age than your stock...Easy to installRestores like-new steering and handling$11.86 - $447.14
- ACDelco® Genuine GM Parts™ Control ArmGenuine GM Parts™ Control Arm by ACDelco®. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by ACDelco features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it is manufactured...Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performanceRight for your vehicle and lifestyle$10.91 - $835.65
- Gabriel® Ultra™ Premium Shock AbsorberUltra™ Premium Shock Absorber by Gabriel®. Gabriel® Ultra™ shocks and struts for today's vehicles are in a class of their own. Ultras are precision engineered with exclusive G-Force™ Technology for quicker response,...Infinitely variable damping for on-demand control on all road conditionsG-Force technology for quicker response, improved product life and consistent, reliable ride control$8.97 - $252.66
- Bilstein® B4 Series Shocks and StrutsB4 Series Shocks and Struts by Bilstein®. Bilstein has a legendary reputation for providing original equipment components to many of the world’s finest vehicle manufacturers. The Bilstein B4 Series provides the same OEM quality and...Constant damping characteristics under any loadConsistent performance and handling give the vehicle a new car feel every time$52.00 - $711.00
- Gabriel® ReadyMount™ Fully Loaded Strut AssemblyReadyMount™ Fully Loaded Strut Assembly by Gabriel®. As a structural sub-system in the suspension/steering system of the vehicle, the strut module assembly requires the highest level of quality and performance to ensure vehicle safety...Strut comes pre-assembled, saving up to 1.5 hours in installation timeEach design is 100% Fit- and Ride-tested by Gabriel's Answerman Techs to verify proper fit and real-world performance$44.26 - $186.94
- FCS® Bare Shocks and StrutsBare Shocks and Struts by FCS®. FCS bare shocks and struts are engineered to restore your vehicle's handling and control. Monotube shock absorbers are also ideal as an upgrade from OE twin-tubes. Twin-tube shocks, struts, and cartridges...The DT and DG Series is the replacement for an OE monotube designAutomatically adjusts to driving conditions$10.69 - $322.82
- Arnott® Air Shocks and StrutsAir Shocks and Struts by Arnott®. Designed to match the fine specifications and tolerances of OEM equipment. Provides OEM level of fit, performance, and reliability at a fraction of dealer prices.Arnott sources many components from the same name brand companies that vehicle manufacturers used to build original OEM partsRestore full effectiveness and comfort of your air suspension ride$135.38 - $3,035.71
- ACDelco® Professional™ Control Arm and Ball Joint AssemblyProfessional™ Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly by ACDelco®. ACDelco Professional Upper Control Arms are a high-quality replacement for your worn Original Equipment. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by ACDelco...Painted arms prevent corrosionDesigned to deliver trouble-free, consistent performance$13.41 - $425.92
- ACDelco® GM Original Equipment™ Air Lift Shocks and StrutsGM Original Equipment™ Air Lift Shocks and Struts by ACDelco®. ACDelco Air Lift Shocks are designed to help provide better handling for temporary situations, such as when a vehicle hauls a heavy load or tows a trailer. ACDelco Air...Up to 1,100 lbs. (per pair) of leveling capacity to improve vehicle handlingTemporarily helps maintain proper ride height under loaded conditions$61.27 - $448.19
- Mevotech® Supreme™ Control ArmSupreme™ Control Arm by Mevotech®. Designed to increase friction amount between the tire and road surface for an effective steering ability and better handling, this control arm provides firm connection point between the body of the...Eliminates uneven steering, squeaking noise, and excessive tire wearAllocates vehicle body weight to the tire for vehicle stability and alignment$19.93 - $289.55
- Mevotech® Supreme™ Ball JointSupreme™ Ball Joint by Mevotech®. Experience improved ride comfort and smooth handling with the replacement Mevotech ball joints. They grip the control arm better and guarantee worry-free performance even during sudden turns and...Knurling on the outer housing of the ball joint makes for a better grip with the control armDesigned to improve the vehicle's cornering stability$9.45 - $107.09
- Mevotech® Original Grade™ Control Arm and Ball Joint AssemblyOriginal Grade™ Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly by Mevotech®. The primary function of a control arm is to provide the connection point between the body of the vehicle and wheel. This allows the wheel to move up and down while the...Eliminates uneven steering, squeaking noise, and excessive tire wearAllocates vehicle body weight to the tire for vehicle stability and alignment$12.27 - $262.03
- Dorman® Control ArmsControl Arms by Dorman®. If you are searching for a quality control arm, this product is the way to go. Featuring a sturdy construction and quality tested for trouble-free performance, the control arm ensures a smooth ride, directional...Direct OEM replacementAllows the wheels to lift and descend when hitting bumps or other road imperfections$11.27 - $307.74
Without a suspension system, you would not only have a bone shaking ride but little vehicle control as well. The tires would bounce in reaction to bumps, and tires that aren’t on the ground can’t direct, move or stop the vehicle. The suspension keeps the wheels in contact with the road surface for traction, steering and braking, so power gets to the ground and you can remain in control. All suspension systems have springs to absorb bumps and shock absorbers to control the action of the springs.
There are far too many suspension system designs for a detailed discussion here, but all can be divided into solid (beam) axle suspension and independent suspension. A solid axle is so called because the wheels on either side of the vehicle are linked by a rigid axle housing, and a bump in the road that affects one wheel will also disturb the wheel on the other side. Solid axles can be live axles that transmit power to the wheels or dead axles that do not, such as the rear axle on a front-wheel drive car. As the name implies, independent suspensions allow the wheels to move independently of each other, and the effect of a bump on the road encountered by one wheel will be isolated to that wheel and will not affect the wheel on the other side of the vehicle.
Independent suspensions use either struts or shock absorbers. A strut is a type of shock absorber that also serves as a supporting suspension member. There are modified struts where the springs are separate, but the most common type is the MacPherson strut, which incorporates a shock, spring and suspension member in one unit. When used at the front of the vehicle, the top of the strut is the upper steering pivot. Shock absorbers are used with control arm suspensions. Shocks and struts are the most commonly serviced suspension parts. Because they deteriorate gradually and degrade handling and ride quality, it is recommended that they be replaced after 50,000 miles, sooner if you experience a bouncy ride, nose diving when braking, and excessive body roll in turns.
Leaf springs are the oldest type of springs and generally used to both suspend and locate live axles. They are the springs of choice for hauling because they can carry heavy loads and the capacity can be easily increased by adding leaves. Coil springs are the most common type of spring in use today. They are much easier to tune for a specific ride and/or handling characteristics than leaf springs, making them ideal for performance vehicles. A torsion bar is a type of spring that twists in response to wheel movement. The advantage of torsion bars is that they can be adjusted to correct vehicle ride height. Air suspension air springs use compressed air to provide a smooth ride and suspension leveling. Self-leveling sensors provide ride height input to the air suspension system control module.
The wheels, springs, and shocks or struts are attached to the vehicle with suspension members called control arms. Control arms can be called different names according to the suspension system and where they are located on the vehicle, including short and long arms, radius arms, and trailing arms. In general they are made of stamped steel or aluminum and articulate by means of bushings and ball joints. The control arms themselves are generally very durable and usually only replaced if bent, but the bushings and ball joints wear and require replacement to eliminate play that can affect handling and alignment angles. Incorrect alignment angles can cause steering pull and tire wear. If conventional means of adjustment are inadequate an alignment kit can bring angles within specification.
The steering knuckles are the connection point for the front wheels, suspension members and steering linkage. The wheels may attach to spindles, which can be an integral part of the knuckle – this is a common arrangement for rear-wheel drive vehicles, or they may mount to hubs that bolt to the knuckles, and to which the drive axles are connected – typical for front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive vehicles. Ball joints allow the knuckles to move up and down with suspension movement and pivot in response to steering input. Panhard rods and track bars laterally locate solid axles within the vehicle body and prevent side-to-side movement. Sway bars are a type of torsion bar that connects the wheels on both sides of the vehicle to reduce body roll in turns.
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- May 25, 2021The Repair Parts You Need: With both OE and...At CARiD, we pride ourselves with offering you the widest choice of automotive parts and accessories of any online store. Our Interior and Exterior Accessory...
- August 08, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Vehicle's Springs?The springs on your vehicle are an integral part of its suspension system. Not only do springs keep all four corners suspended at a pre-determined, level ride height,...
- July 11, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Suspension Bushings?Maybe you remember being pushed along in a wheelbarrow during childhood. The ride was bone-jarring - even with an air-filled rubber tire cushioning against the rough...
- July 05, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Shock Absorbers?Shock absorbers are suspension components that dampen and halt the up-and-down movement of your vehicle`s springs. If these control devices weren`t part of the...
- September 10, 2013Shocks Versus Struts: The Big Answers Revealed!Shock absorbers, also known simply as “shocks” (which is what we will call them for the rest of this article), are the suspension components which stop your car or...